Thursday, September 6, 2007

Some funnies in class

In my grammar class there are 8 students. I seem to be the highest strung of them all. I know your shocked about that, but try not to be. Yesterday I was asking questions about what we should know for our upcoming test, what exactly we are going to be tested on, and most importantly, WHEN is the test? I kept coming back to the WHEN of the question b/c she wasn't giving me a straight answer. I want to make sure I'm fully prepared, so most every question I ask refers to the test. After all, doesn't a runner train for the race? So shouldn't a student prepare for the test? "Tranquillo," was her response. It means relax, easy, no stress! She doesn't know me very well, does she? Anyway, today we were going over our homework and I asked her if the "test" was going to be similar to the homework. This was my first test question for the day. Okay, so what if class had only been in session for like 15 minutes? She, and the rest of the class, started laughing. Because apparently, with me, it's ALL about the test! :) The rest of the day was filled with jokes about the test! I had to inform them that I am a type-A runner. I think they understand now. By the way, the test is next Wednesday.

During my phonetics class we always have to do these sing-songy things that help us pronounce sounds right. Like we would kind of sing ubru bru, ubru bru. Well, today we had upu pu, upu pu. Say that out loud. It translates ooh,poo-poo, ooh,poo-poo. Oh my word! You would've thought that that is the first time I have ever heard poo-poo. I am giggling even as I type this. For some reason, it totally tickled me and I could NOT pull it together. As we kept going over more and more sounds, I only laughed harder each time she came to me. Eventually, I was laughing so hard that tears welled up in my eyes and I couldn't say a word. The teacher was laughing too, because I'm sure she knows how hard it is to not laugh when you have a bad case of the giggles. I'm so glad she was patient and so were my classmates. They were giggling at an acceptable rate, but I was a little bit out of control. What can I say? I have 4 kids and I guess "poo-poo" is a funny word around here. Just say that to my kids and they'll be on the floor laughing. :)

No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top