Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Get up out your seat!!

John wrote:

I'm back, but just for a second. As everyone around me can attest, other than when the kids are awake, I take every second to study. In fact, I was just studying conjunction in the.... that would be too much information, but use your imagination. I study between classes when everyone else is talking and just taking a break. I study when walking to school. I just study. So I am really sorry you haven't heard much from me. But soon once we get past studying verbs, I will have more time. We pretty much have to memorize hundreds of verbs and their conjugations. "You can't talk without verbs" is the saying around here.

Anyways, I don't really get too excited about much. But in a church we visited a while back, we sang the most amazing praise song I have heard in years. I have been singing the only two words I can remember for the last few weeks. Even our kids know it now. The words are, "Toma, tomalo", which means "Take, take it (all)". I was searching around the internet and finally found it. Here are the lyrics and the link to the song. The song is also in English (by Hillsong), but I like the Spanish version. And when I get to heaven, I will be singing it in Spanish!! So learn it now and we can all sing together. Long distance Spanish lesson free of charge. Good luck staying in your seat and not dancing around when you hear this. I know I may be creating a stumbling block for my Baptist brothers and sisters. Just duct tape yourself to the chair.

Tómalo (Take it All)
Álbum: Unidos Permaneceremos


De todo lugar-----------------(From every place)
los perdidos vendrán,---------(The lost will come)
en libertad,-------------------(In freedom)
a ti clamarán,-----------------(They will cry out to you)

llevaste la cruz,----------------(You carry the cross)
moriste, vivo estás,------------(You died and rose again)
mi Dios,-----------------------(My God,)
a ti mi vida te daré.------------(to you I will give my life.)

Enviaste a Jesús,--------------(You sent Your Son)
por mi salvación,--------------(For my salvation)
Por la eternidad---------------(For eternity)
en ti tengo perdón,------------(in you I have pardon)

Busqué la verdad-------------(I searched for truth)
y te encontré a ti,-------------(And all I found was You)
mi Dios,----------------------(My God,)
a ti mi vida te daré.-----------(to you I will give my life.)

Jesús, por ti yo viviré,--------(Jesus, for you I will live)
de ti nunca me avergonzaré--(Of you I will never be ashamed.)
Te doy todo lo que soy,------(I give you all that I am)
toma, tómalo, toma, tómalo.--(Take, take it (all), take, take it (all).)

Eres el----------------------(You are the One)
que vista al ciego da,--------(that gives sight to the blind)
Brillas en la oscuridad,------(Shining in the darkness)
La salvación del mundo.----(The salvation of the world)

en tus manos, está.---------(is in your hands.)


No comments:

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top