Thursday, September 27, 2007

What learning Spanish sounds like,,,

John wrote:
Last night, I had the opportunity to sit in on a planning meeting for an upcoming local ministry event, and the first opportunity I have had to use my Spanish with new people. And it was ridiculous. I could not put together a coherent sentence to save my life. I think I said 5 sentences the whole night and every one of them was a train wreck. What made it worse was that, out of courtesy for a struggling gringo, everytime I opened my mouth to speak the whole room fell silent to hang on my every word. As I struggled to connect words together, you could see on their faces just how painful it was just listening to me. And when I was done with the sentence there was that dreaded confused look on their faces. I promise I can talk in full paragraphs at this point, but last night was a disaster. Blessings, John.

+++++++
Jessica wrote: I have 2 HUGE tests tomorrow. One in grammar and one in Spanish conversation. Thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

Jonatha said...

Hi there :) I have to admit, it is fascinating to hear about your family and it's journey through this stage. It is even more amazing to see God's hand through it all, and to see how much He expects of you. You are in our prayers!

Jonatha

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

I just thought it was funny to see John refer to himself as a gringo!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top